Monday 24 June 2013

Luxe Bakery

My first trip to Luxe bakery was not preempted by whispers of its mouth-watering pastries or aromatic coffee. I had never even heard of Luxe bakery before my first trip there.

One gloomy afternoon (It was actually quite sunny, but my soul was feeling quite gray and cloudy), I was strolling along Missenden Rd craving coffee. Put off by my disappointing successive trips to Campos coffee, I decided to pop in to what looked like a crowded cafe next door. I'd seen the sign before, and thought the decor was quite cute, but never had the urge to suss the place out.


So here I was, on my quest for some good coffee, and was met instead by a cabinet full of enticingly beautiful pastry, a wall of exotic breads (including sourdough!), and another cabinet of mouth watering sandwiches. This place reminded me of all the quaint little cafes Melbourne is so famous for.


My first step in to the bakery, and I was greeted by welcoming staff. I was served promptly and I ordered my usual skim latte. Whilst waiting, I just couldn't help myself with the other things on display. I ended up getting an almond croissant and the bircher muesli to go. 

Bircher Muesli- $8, Large Sk Latte- $4 Almond Croissant- $4


Whilst the croissant was beautifully light and crisp, the bircher muesli was definitely not the best I've ever had (which was disappointing for the price). The coffee was the biggest let down of all. I will be returning, however, not for the coffee but to sit down and have a proper meal. I'll be giving some of their sour dough a go, or one of their delicious sandwiches. This proper meal will definitely be followed by one of their delicious pastries! 

In terms of pricing, everything is a bit overpriced but I guess if you don't go there every single day, it's well worth a try. 



Luxe Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment